Friday, March 25, 2011

Field Trip!

It's my very first field trip from the other side and I am so excited...like a 1st grader about to go to the Pumpkin Patch. Only, no pumpkin patch is involved :-)

We are going to Bevill State Community College for the Torch Invitational--a meeting of schools from around the area to compete in various areas of academia, technical skills, and the arts. I am sending a few of my kids for the chemistry competition and others of my students are going to compete in literature, history, home economics, etc.

For those of you who know me well, you know that it is much better to me than the Pumpkin Patch.

I came into this field trip due to another chaperon having to take sick leave. His wife is in the hospital battling Crohn's disease, so please remember her in your prayers.

I'm off...armed with my Minor tee and a bit excited to escape the four walls for the day and enjoy some time outside of schools with some great kids and teachers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment