Monday, June 6, 2011

First Day of Summer

It's official! School is out and I am a stay-at-home wife (at least for a few months).

It seems that all around, celebration is occurring. In fact, I hear the ice cream man now, taking his first trip of the year down our street. While I am tempted to run out to greet him, I'm on a diet...sort of. This diet includes 30 minutes of exercise which is later rewarded and reversed by a night-time ritual of food network and dessert. Sorry ice cream man, perhaps you would have better luck if you returned around 9 pm.

One of the highlights of the spring and summer thus far has been walking out to the garden each evening to see what vegetables have, unlike myself, thrived in the blazing heat. I was given permission to water and pick, but I have been reprimanded for being "over-zealous" with my picking. Who can blame me though? If you saw a red tomato hanging on a vine, free for the picking and you had been paying $3 a pound for them at the store, you would probably be over-zealous too...just saying!

So, I have slowed down the picking a bit, reminding myself that they will still be there tomorrow, and if I leave them, they will be even better than today.

Here is a preview of the summer's bounty with much more to come. There is more than enough for two people, so if you are interested in some fresh veggies, just let us know. We'll even let you pick them yourself...just stay away from those that aren't ready :-)



Toodles for now

-Sybil

No comments:

Post a Comment