So here was the plan, or, as I saw it, the way things were going to go
1. Adopt a kid from Bulgaria
2. Take a few years off work to care for her
3. Have a biological child somewhere in that time
4. Return to work (or not)
Here's how things went down (so far)
1. Complete all the adoption paperwork
3. Wait some more
4. Surprise! You're pregnant
We had a five-year plan and a ten-year plan, all written in pen...or stone as I saw it.
None of those plans included a rental house in this tiny town or a little girl named Naomi.
Thank you Lord for disrupting my plans!
I have no idea what is next, and I am learning that I never really did anyways. I am learning to be okay with the unknown and even excited to see just where the Lord is going to take us.
Title taken from a revealing chapter in Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist