Saturday, March 10, 2012

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Muffins


Have you ever heard of anything with both chocolate and peanut butter in it that was not good? Those were my immediate thoughts when I read this recipe on annies-eats.com. The combination always reminds me of Adam's wedding cake by the great Jenny Scott. It was so moist, chocolately and delish.

I was searching for something to make for my AP students on Monday morning. They are taking their mock exam and I wanted something to award their efforts so far and motivate them to work hard on the test. I believe these will do just the trick! I also selected a sausage, egg and cheese muffin which I will post later in the week.

I opted for the mini muffins because I think they are more fun but you could definitely produce these in a larger size.



What you need:
  • 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
  • 6 tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
  • ½ cup peanut butter
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • ¾ cup chocolate chips

What to do:

Preheat oven to 375°. Spray the muffin pan of your choice (12 regular muffins or 24 mini muffins)

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. Set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, peanut butter, eggs and milk until smooth. Add in the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Divide batter evenly between prepared muffin tins, filling each to the top.

Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.


Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment