Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Muffins


How do you say "I care a lot about you" to a group of teenagers? Well, there is the obvious answer, that you could just say it :-) and perhaps I will try that soon. For me however, the way that I often say "I care" is through something that I have mixed together, baked up, and handed out with love.

That is just what I did on Monday as my AP students came to school bright and early and took their mock exam. They were greeted by pans of peanut butter chocolate chip muffins as well as these more savory sausage, egg, and cheese muffins.

I am not sure I they got my message across, but the muffins were all gone by the time the 185 minute test was over.

Would you like to say "I love you" to someone special? Perhaps you should bake them something warm and yummy!

What you need
  • ½ pound ground pork sausage, cooked & drained
  • 1 cup Bisquick
  • 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese (sharp cheddar recommended)
  • 2 large. eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • salt and pepper to taste


What to do

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Grease the muffin cups of a standard muffin pan generously.
  • Cook sausage and drain.
  • When cooled, put in a large bowl and add Bisquick, sour cream and cheddar cheese.
  • In a small bowl, beat eggs and add milk.
  • Pour into sausage mix and mix completely; don’t over stir.
  • Salt and pepper to your liking.
  • Pour evenly into muffin cups and bake for 30 – 40 minutes until cooked thoroughly.
  • Take out of muffin cups immediately. Let cool and then refrigerate what you don’t eat immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment