Since moving to Hueytown, God has impressed upon our hearts the importance of Biblical community in your community. We are blessed with an incredible group of friends that we meet with on Sunday evenings to study the Word and encourage one another, but it was difficult to really encourage one another outside of this time due to our distance from them.
As God was showing us this revelation, He was also gathering together a group of people for a weekly meal who would become our Hueytown small groupies--a youth minister, hair dresser, nurse, pharmaceutical tech, band director...quite an assortment of people, all desiring Biblical community.
We now meet each Thursday and before we open the Word for in-depth study and reflection, we fellowship and bless one another over a yummy meal. Sometimes it can be difficult to cook for 8 we you are accustomed to cooking for 2, but recipes like this make it easy and even fun!
So, invite some people over, but don't just eat--open the Word together as well!
What you need:
*This does make 12-14 servings, so cut the recipe if you are not cooking for a crowd or make the whole thing and freeze the excess
**Taken from here
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained (I used pinto because I didn't have any white kidney and it turned out just delish)
- 3 (10 ounce) cans or one box beef stock
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 5 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 (20 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces pasta
1. Brown beef.
2. Add to LARGE crock pot along with all other ingredients EXCEPT noodles.
3. Cook on high 4-5 hours or low 7-8 hours
4. During last 30 minutes on high or 1 hour on low, add pasta and allow to cook.
5. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve alongside soft garlic knots and finish with a bite of the Bread of Life :-)